As well as briefly reviewing the services on offer via HHP Wales, we heard from NHS colleagues who have received support through us.
We cannot thank Sarah and Natalie enough for taking the time to share their experiences, what led them to the service and how they found the support they received.
Professor Neil Greenberg gave a fascinating talk around the concepts of moral injury and Dr Julie Highfield led us on a reflection of practical strategies to manage grief and loss.
As our first symposium took place online due to the restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic we have been able to make a recording available.
Watch it on Youtube
- Welcome – Jon Bisson
- Opening address from the Chief Medical Officer for Wales – Frank Atherton
- HHP Wales: Past, present and future – Debbie Cohen and Jake Hard
- Moral injury: What is it and what to do about it? – Neil Greenberg
- Reflecting on a lived experience – Sarah, Natalie and Thomas Kitchen
- Making sense of our grief and loss – Julie Highfield
- Q&A and close
Health for Health Professionals Wales (HHP Wales) offers access to mental health support for all NHS Wales employees, students and volunteers.
HHP Wales is a free, confidential service that is supported by Welsh Government funding and administered through Cardiff University.